AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to determine monthly cost of your PPC campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm going to start PPC campaign for whole Africa region and I just want to confirm...

Can I target one Google adwords adgroup for multiple countries?
If yes then how many countries can I target in one adgroup?
Does it good strategy to target one adgroup for many countries?

One more things, keywords which I'm looking to target are not showing their CPC so is there any way to confirm their expected CPC cost, and rough idea about the budget for one month?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author skmr
September 2015

Re: how to determine monthly cost of your PPC campaign?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have a couple of things to add here...

1. you can only geo target at the campaign level and, as a result you would need to set up separate campaigns for each country(ies) you wished to target. You can target the whole of Africa together, but my further comments will explain why that's probably not such a good idea.

2. There are many principal languages spoken in Africa - you might want to think about campaigns by language - again language is only set at the campaign level.

3. there are massive differences in wealth between African countries. Thus the competition in one country for certain keywords is going to be much higher than in others - as a result the CPC will be significantly different in many if not all cases. Whilst you can control the keyword bids at adgroup level, you can only control the total daily budgets at camapign level.

I often explain the ad groups like puppies. Each will try and get as much of the mothers milk as possible. There will be greedy puppies and then there will be the runt who never seems to get enough. Greedy ad groups will eat up the daily budget before those ad groups with less activity get started.

However, the quieter ad group may be more profitable. Again, being able to give each puppy their own bowl of food really helps.

I would almost always separate by country or region - especially in a continent so diverse as Africa. I cannot see how, for example, the same campaign with the same settings could be equally effective in Ghana as in South Africa or Morocco

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

First of all Best of luck for your PPC campaign.
In Adwords account you can make a campaign which can be targeted for multiple countries as well as city also.
In a campaign you can make multiple Adgroups (at least one) according to your need. At campaign level you can set target location - refer the link - https://support.google.com/adwords/certification/answer/1722072?hl=en&ref_topic=2799758

If you services are same and you want to target more than of one country location this is good strategy to target single campaign with multiple location, because by this way you can track your performance easily and control budget also.

Keywords which you using for your adgroup can be seen in your Adgroup level or campaign level. You can see keywords CPC at adgroup level or campaign level, if your keywords have triggered ( means some one click on that keywords )

refer the link - https://support.google.com/adwords/certification/answer/2464960?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pushpendra for quick response,

I'm going to target same services for all these countries, and you suggested....

"If you services are same and you want to target more than of one country location this is good strategy to target single campaign with multiple location, because by this way you can track your performance easily and control budget also."

I have total 10 keywords (not related to each other) for our services. So should I create 10 adgroups... 1 for each keyword within one campaign. Or should I go for 10 campaigns for each keyword. I'm asking this so that I can track performance easily and control budget as well.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author skmr
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have a couple of things to add here...

1. you can only geo target at the campaign level and, as a result you would need to set up separate campaigns for each country(ies) you wished to target. You can target the whole of Africa together, but my further comments will explain why that's probably not such a good idea.

2. There are many principal languages spoken in Africa - you might want to think about campaigns by language - again language is only set at the campaign level.

3. there are massive differences in wealth between African countries. Thus the competition in one country for certain keywords is going to be much higher than in others - as a result the CPC will be significantly different in many if not all cases. Whilst you can control the keyword bids at adgroup level, you can only control the total daily budgets at camapign level.

I often explain the ad groups like puppies. Each will try and get as much of the mothers milk as possible. There will be greedy puppies and then there will be the runt who never seems to get enough. Greedy ad groups will eat up the daily budget before those ad groups with less activity get started.

However, the quieter ad group may be more profitable. Again, being able to give each puppy their own bowl of food really helps.

I would almost always separate by country or region - especially in a continent so diverse as Africa. I cannot see how, for example, the same campaign with the same settings could be equally effective in Ghana as in South Africa or Morocco

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm going to target language "English" only. So in your opinion I should create 30 campaigns if I'm going to target 30 countries. What if I have limited budget, and my task is to generate inquiries. I have main 10 keywords which I'm looking to cash in. Please suggest best process I should follow, this is my first assignment where I have to targeted multiple countries. So I'm getting confused here, what is good way to proceed as per the client requirement.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That would be my recommendation, yes.

It's not as daunting a task as it might sound. Use the AdWords Editor :

http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor

to copy/paste campaigns and then change their geo targeting.... you will have the control you need from the very start.

If, for example you have an average cost per click of $1 it will not hide that fact that clicks in Ethiopia are costing 10 cents and clicks from South Africa are costing $5

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Got your points, Thanks Steve!!