AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to capture the leads in html form based GSP campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Can someone tell me how to capture leads in the html form based gsp campaign?can i implement the adwords conversion code on the html page to track leads or conversions?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ravi A
September 2015

Re: how to capture the leads in html form based GSP campaign?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Ravi A,

Doesn't the form info get sent to you after the user fills out the form? From what I've read, this is true. If the form info from your ad is what you consider a conversion, put the conversion code on your landing page. If you are looking for further action on your web site as a conversion, the code would go on that action's "thank you" page. There are very few instances where placing the conversion code on the landing page is useful. If every hit is a conversion, why count both?

It's up to you to capture the form data. That will only be present when the user hits your landing page. If it's important data for you, you'll need to capture that data at that time. You give the form fields names, the data will be returned to you and name/value pairs. I don't know whether the form uses a GET or POST method. If it's a GET, the name/value pairs will be in the query string. If it's a POST, it will be in the form data. You'll need a server-side script to capture that data.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Are you talking about launching GDN campaign with gmail.com as managed placement here OR are  you referring to specific GSP advertising option here? Can you clarify that?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am referring to the specific GSP campaign. In the GSP campaign there's a
new format of ad which gives you an option to create a html based form.So I
wanted to know how to capture the details filled in the form..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As far as my understanding goes, I don't think it would be possible to inject conversion tracking pixel inside the HTML ad format, which is actually meant to create ad, not lead tracking. That's my point of view here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So how can we track the number of people who leave their details in the
form? Where are these details stored?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ravi A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Ravi A,

Doesn't the form info get sent to you after the user fills out the form? From what I've read, this is true. If the form info from your ad is what you consider a conversion, put the conversion code on your landing page. If you are looking for further action on your web site as a conversion, the code would go on that action's "thank you" page. There are very few instances where placing the conversion code on the landing page is useful. If every hit is a conversion, why count both?

It's up to you to capture the form data. That will only be present when the user hits your landing page. If it's important data for you, you'll need to capture that data at that time. You give the form fields names, the data will be returned to you and name/value pairs. I don't know whether the form uses a GET or POST method. If it's a GET, the name/value pairs will be in the query string. If it's a POST, it will be in the form data. You'll need a server-side script to capture that data.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords