AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to best target with topics and interests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I want to target by topics in the display network am I also meant to put keywords into each adgroup? Probably a stupid question but I'm just not sure?? I've set up another campaign in display that is just keyword based with now specific targeting and now I want to run a topic targeted campaign to see if I can get wider reach, however I'm just not sure if I put all the keywords in each adgroup again??  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to best target with topics and interests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kohnny770;

I agree that this is a confusing issue..

If you add keyword, those serve for contextual targeting: The system is finding relevant pages with content that matches the theme of keywords.

If you add another targeting method, both work together. For example: if you target topics and add keywords, the system target relevant pages, with content that matches the keywords theme only on sites listed under topics.

Read more about contextual targeting:

http://www.google.co.il/ads/displaynetwork/find-your-audience/contextual-targeting.html

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’