AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how to best target with topics and interests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I want to target by topics in the display network am I also meant to put keywords into each adgroup? Probably a stupid question but I'm just not sure?? I've set up another campaign in display that is just keyword based with now specific targeting and now I want to run a topic targeted campaign to see if I can get wider reach, however I'm just not sure if I put all the keywords in each adgroup again??  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to best target with topics and interests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kohnny770;

I agree that this is a confusing issue..

If you add keyword, those serve for contextual targeting: The system is finding relevant pages with content that matches the theme of keywords.

If you add another targeting method, both work together. For example: if you target topics and add keywords, the system target relevant pages, with content that matches the keywords theme only on sites listed under topics.

Read more about contextual targeting:

http://www.google.co.il/ads/displaynetwork/find-your-audience/contextual-targeting.html

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’