AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how i do adjust ads at an ad group level?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

so how i do adjust ads at an ad group level?

so i have some ads i only want to show on saturdays and sundays.. within an ad group. all other ads can be shown monday - friday.

how do i do this?

thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how i do adjust ads at an ad group level?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
As I know, you can not scheduled ads within adgroup or even adgroup. You can schedule campaigns,. So the only solution is create a new campaign for those ads & adgroup and schedule them on saturday & sunday.
Or, you can manually do it every weekends.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hema R
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have a history for those Ads of good CTR, keeping them in the same campaign is an advisable strategy. If you move them in another campaign you restart their history and the keywords may not perform as well as they did in the original campaign.

You can use automated rules to pause/enable ads on a specific day / hour . It requires a condition to run, you can use a condition that it is always true like "ad group name IS ..... " (until you change it's name) , or MaxCPC >0 because you will always set a MaxCPC higher than zero.

These are some guiding print-screens, you only need 4 rules , pause/enable for every set of ads x 2 sets of ads.

enable-pause.pngpause-selected-ads-on-monday.png

pause-selected-ads-on-monday.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
As I know, you can not scheduled ads within adgroup or even adgroup. You can schedule campaigns,. So the only solution is create a new campaign for those ads & adgroup and schedule them on saturday & sunday.
Or, you can manually do it every weekends.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Hema R,

I am wondering whether you can do this with either scripts or with automation rules. I do not know the answer to my own question.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hema R
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have a history for those Ads of good CTR, keeping them in the same campaign is an advisable strategy. If you move them in another campaign you restart their history and the keywords may not perform as well as they did in the original campaign.

You can use automated rules to pause/enable ads on a specific day / hour . It requires a condition to run, you can use a condition that it is always true like "ad group name IS ..... " (until you change it's name) , or MaxCPC >0 because you will always set a MaxCPC higher than zero.

These are some guiding print-screens, you only need 4 rules , pause/enable for every set of ads x 2 sets of ads.

enable-pause.pngpause-selected-ads-on-monday.png

pause-selected-ads-on-monday.png