AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how i can find the Negative keyword? how we can handle on that? would you help me on that ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I m working as seo/smo analyst. Most of time I wasted my company money by selecting wrong keyword? So would you help me? how can i find Negative keyword ? how should i handle that ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: how i can find the Negative keyword? how we can handle on that? would you help me on that ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

@pvickyeee wrote:

I m working as seo/smo analyst. Most of time I wasted my company money by selecting wrong keyword? So would you help me? how can i find Negative keyword ? how should i handle that ?

I would suggest you to first understand what the keywords are and how you should select them in order to get potential business for your Company. Read about different keyword matching options in this reference and how to build bestkeyword list in this article.

As you said negative keywords are very important part of an Adwords account and you should keep track of them from time to time and add them so that your ads are prevented to show in front of irrelevant users.

There's a very detailed explanation from Valued Member Neha on what negative keywords are and how you should use them. Read this article to get more insights.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: how i can find the Negative keyword? how we can handle on that? would you help me on that ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Pankaj nicely outlined the process you should follow.

I would add that you can use the search term report to  identify the  which keywords matched the search terms. That is a powerful tool to find relevant keywords and to add negative keywords;

Read more:

Search terms report

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

@pvickyeee wrote:

I would suggest you to first understand what the keywords are and how you should select them in order to get potential business for your Company. Read about different keyword matching options in this reference and how to build bestkeyword list in this article.

As you said negative keywords are very important part of an Adwords account and you should keep track of them from time to time and add them so that your ads are prevented to show in front of irrelevant users.

There's a very detailed explanation from Valued Member Neha on what negative keywords are and how you should use them. Read this article to get more insights.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Pankaj nicely outlined the process you should follow.

I would add that you can use the search term report to  identify the  which keywords matched the search terms. That is a powerful tool to find relevant keywords and to add negative keywords;

Read more:

Search terms report

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’