AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how does one find the record of the time when an ad was clicked?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As above question, how does one see the record of when the ad was clicked?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how does one find the record of the time when an ad was clicked?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi colin and welcome to the forum.  You can't find the precise time an Ad was clicked through Adwords or Analytics - the closest you can get is to the hour.  You can, of course, set up your own monitoring on your website or you may be able to determine this information from exisitng server logs, depening upon the volume of clicks you receive.

To look at hourly data for clicks you'll need to look under the Dimensions heading in your Adwords account.

Measuring Performance by Time

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: how does one find the record of the time when an ad was clicked?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you're really bored or really patient, you can also look in the new Real Time reporting tab of Google Analytics.

Other than being the result of strange curiosity, I personally don't get what this is for. It feels like one of those things that gets introduced under the "because we can" banner - and I suppose someone will figure out how we can do something with it later on....

In the main the hourly report is going to be sufficient to determine the peaks and troughs of the day