AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how does cost per click work, any limit on click per day ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

im interested to use adwords to advertise for my tennis academy in singapore

assuming i use a budget of 10 usd per day, how many clicks will i have ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how does cost per click work, any limit on click per day ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Mervyn L,
Cost-per-click (CPC) bidding allows you to set a maximum price on the cost of someone clicking on your AdWords ads. This bidding method gives you good value because you pay only when a viewer is interested enough to click your ad and learn more.
For Example
If you think it's worth 25 cents to have someone visit your website, you can set $0.25 as your max CPC. You'll pay a maximum of $0.25 when a person reads your ad and clicks it, and you pay nothing if they don't click.
Let's say you create a text ad and set a max CPC bid of $0.25. Five hundred people see the ad, and 23 of them click to learn more. You pay only for those 23 clicks. Your max CPC bid was $0.25, so you'll pay no more than 23 clicks x $0.25, or $5.75.
Note that often you'll pay less than your max CPC because with the AdWords auction, the most you'll pay is what's needed to rank higher than the advertiser immediately below you.
For more information Go with this link,
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464960?hl=en

Re: how does cost per click work, any limit on click per day ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mervyn, further to Suman's comments, I should point out that there are no fixed costs per click.  Suman's example of $0.25 is very nice but you may find in practice that clicks cost $1 or $5 for you; only experimentation and tuning will tell.

What it most important before you spend any money at all on advertising is that you have a method of measuring success, perhaps in your case by bookings or enrolments.  You must be able to attribute key valuable actions to advertising sources so you can evaluate their Return on Investment.  Budgets shouldn't be decided by random choice or free cash but by the success or failure of the marketing; if marketing is successful and returns a profit you should spend as much as you can get your hands on as it'll just lead to more profit, if marketing is not successful and doesn't return a profit you shouldn't be spending any money on it at all.

If the $10 a day budget is what you're really thinking of spending, I'd actually recommend that you spend a couple of weeks making sure your website tracks AdWords sales/sign-ups properly then spend $20 a day for two weeks as a test.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits