AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do you increase quality of click?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

after looking at my search terms, i want to know how do you balance broad match, phrase match and exact keywords.

i get very few clicks with phrase matches and exact matches. so am wondering is there any advice i can use so as to manage the quality of clicks from broad matches?

P.S.

i always add negative words to improve the quality of search

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do you increase quality of click?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi volunteer, I'd be careful about thinking too much in terms of clicks.  What would you rather have, 1000 clicks and 10 sales or 100 clicks and 10 sales?  Generally speaking you'll always want to head towards using Phrase and Exact matches in an Account, possibly only these match types once an Account becomes very settled, if this is an option.  Yes, you'll get fewer clicks than with the broader match types but that's sort of the idea - there will be fewer clicks but those clicks will be of a higher quality.

Phrase and Exact matches also allow you to make much more tightly themed Ad Groups and Ads - using Dynamic Keyword Insertion very effectively, for example.

Are you using any "simple" Broad matches, i.e. those with no punctuation at all?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
i am in a very tight niche, i tried using exact and phrase matches and i dint get any clicks let alone leads. so i switched back to broad matches
was this a mistake?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Volunteer, I would like to suggest you go through search term report once by getting idea about users searches. This will surely help you and getting idea about what type of keywords you can add as in keywords list. Here you can take idea about search term report:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Second thing is that you can go through opportunities tab for getting suggestions about your keywords, campaign, budgeting many more.

Moreover, phrase and exact match always gives you quality clicks comparison to broad match. Here you can get idea how you create better keywords list for your campaign:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453981?hl=en&ref_topic=3122865

Hope this will helps.

Thanks
Rachit

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello; 

I would add that if you are in a niche market try the Modified Broad Match (BMM).  Also, as suggested, use the Search Terms report to find  search terms that matched your keywords and triggered the ad. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
is there literature on modified broad match, coz i was looking at my industry and a keyword being searched for in a month using phrase and exact match were 110 and 55 so am looking for ways to market to more people

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To get increase the Quality clicks we need proper keywords optimization. Because if your keyword will targeted in right direction that will sure get the higher clicks.
Set your goals of product.

Keywords Optimization

Campaign Setting

These are some important factors which participate the main role in the success.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks i will look into keywords optimization

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@volunteer c ;

Here you are;

Broad Match Modifier;

http://www.google.co.il/ads/innovations/bmm.html

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thank you i will definitely ad that to my key words