AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do i sort this outYour keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i sort this out

Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how do i sort this outYour keyword isn't triggering ads to appear

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Mike and welcome,

mike k wrote:

how do i sort this out

Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score.

Ad Rank is a dynamic metric which is calculated by Google everytime a user enters the search query on Google and the ad auction process is initiated. Mathematically Ad Rank = Quality Score X Bid.

So you need to first identify these 2 paramters like what is their status and whether you are bidding high enough so that your ad gets eligible for the auction process. 

Below video from Google's Chief Economist Hal Varian is also beneficial in understanding this concept:

Identify what elements are actually missing due to which Google is giving your ads a low Ad Rank and based on the statistics, you need to optimize the account to improve the CTR which in turn could improve the Quality Score gradually.

Read more about ad position here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: how do i sort this outYour keyword isn't triggering ads to appear

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes thanks now sorted