AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do i lower my adwords costs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords costs have got quite high and I was wondering how I can set my campaign to lower this

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do i lower my adwords costs

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
You can go to the settings and lower the budget cap, but you may want to look into then to the keyword level to see which keywords are driving your cost up.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Check out this article on how Adwords calculates costs and how you might lower them:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704424?hl=en

The best way is to take a deep look at your keywords, see which ones are costing a lot of money but aren't converting into sales and pause them. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Harry48,

As mentioned, you should only budget for an amount you are comfortable spending.  That said, you should also do your best to get the most out of your ad spend.  If things go well, you'll generate enough revenue from your campaigns that you'll be able to actually invest more over time. That's the idea anyways...

The key to refining your costs is to refine your campaigns while focused on seeking relevance.  You only want to serve your ads to potential customers and you only want potential customers to click your ads.  This is generally called optimization.

There are many steps you can take to do this and a couple have been mentioned already but I have another one for you.

Check out your Search Terms reports to see what Search Queries are triggering your ads and add appropriate Negative Keywords where needed.  Eliminating irrelevant impressions eliminates irrelevant clicks which cuts irrelevant costs...get it. Smiley Happy

Let us know how this works for you and/or if you have any further questions.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’