AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do i get my ad on the first page of google after the search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i get my company ad to appear on the first page of google after some body has searched. eg: person types in google: plumber in bolton?. result: me on first page?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: how do i get my ad on the first page of google after the search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi stechilly and welcome to the forum.

The simple answer is a combination of factors.  Your Ad Rank (where you are on the Search Results pages) is calculated primarily from two things - your Max CPC (maximum cost per click) and your Quality Score (a measure of relevance).  If your CPC is high enough and your Quality Score good enough, you'll be on the first page.  In fact if they're both good enough you can be #1 in the results but I warn you, plumbing has a lot of competition so if you are a plumber in Bolton, you'll have some work on your hands.

Raising the CPC is simple, it's just a setting in your account.  Getting a good Quality Score can be more complex and requires close attention to tightly focused Keywords, well-matched Ads in a well-themed Ad Group and highly relevant, good quality website landing pages.

Read More About Quality Score

Are you actually advertising yet or just thinking about it?  If you're not a plumber from Bolton, let us know what it is you really do and we'll try and give some more tailored advice.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: how do i get my ad on the first page of google after the search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi stechilly and welcome to the forum.

The simple answer is a combination of factors.  Your Ad Rank (where you are on the Search Results pages) is calculated primarily from two things - your Max CPC (maximum cost per click) and your Quality Score (a measure of relevance).  If your CPC is high enough and your Quality Score good enough, you'll be on the first page.  In fact if they're both good enough you can be #1 in the results but I warn you, plumbing has a lot of competition so if you are a plumber in Bolton, you'll have some work on your hands.

Raising the CPC is simple, it's just a setting in your account.  Getting a good Quality Score can be more complex and requires close attention to tightly focused Keywords, well-matched Ads in a well-themed Ad Group and highly relevant, good quality website landing pages.

Read More About Quality Score

Are you actually advertising yet or just thinking about it?  If you're not a plumber from Bolton, let us know what it is you really do and we'll try and give some more tailored advice.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits