AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do i edit an existing campaign so that i can expand the locations targeted by the ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i edit an existing campaign so that i can expand the locations targeted by the ad? when i try to edit it says that the change cannot be made in adwords? where is the change supposed to be made? I appreciate any help. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do i edit an existing campaign so that i can expand the locations targeted by the ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Log into Adwords. Click on the campaign. Choose Settings - Here you should see "Locations" and change your targeted locations.

Re: how do i edit an existing campaign so that i can expand the locations targeted by the ad?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ryan,

As per my knowledge i think you have a Adwords Express account here. You cannot make changes to your account

Via Adwords interface. So, i would suggest you to login to your Adwords Express account directly (not via Adwords interface) and make necessary changes that you want to make.

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 4
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Ryang83, 

It sounds like maybe you have an AdWords Express account rather an an AdWords account - this would explain the warning message you are seeing. If you look at the campaign name, does it start with AWX? If it does this is Adwords Express campaign you are seeing. 

You can see an Adwords Express account in the AdWords interface but you can't edit it from there. You would need to log in via www.google.com/adwords/express/ to make changes. Adwords Express is a simplified version of AdWords - designed for people who have local businesses and don't have the time to manage AdWords. As a result, functionality like wider location targeting is not available in AdWords Express, only AdWords. 

I hope this helps. 

Ita