AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do i change the end date when i get the message " this campaign cannot be changed in Adwords " ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
August 2012

Re: how do i change the end date when i get the message " this campaign cannot be changed in Ad

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi tkretzapss and Bluelon,

tkretzapss - pankaj1782 is right; it sounds like you are trying to edit an AdWords Express ad in the regular AdWords interface. 

In AdWords Express, you do not select end dates. Instead, you can deactivate ads for a particular business listing in your account when you want the ads to stop and reactivate them when you want to start running them again. 

Alternatively, you can delete old ads and create new ads for each particular business listing in your Adwords Express account, if you wish. 

For further details on how to manage your AdWords Express campaigns, please see this useful help center article: http://support.google.com/adwords/express/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2481410&topic=1725633&ctx=topic

If you need any further clarification, please let me know.

Best regards,

JoMo

View solution in original post

Re: how do i change the end date when i get the message " this campaign cannot be changed in Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tkretzapss,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I think you are probably trying to make changes in your Adwords Express campaign from within Adwords interface, which is actually not possible. You will have to login into your Adwords Express account and then see what all options you have.

Kindly refer to this article for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Pankaj,

I've actually recieved the same message in my account, however I can not find an end date option within the AdWords Express interface. Nor are you required to setup a start / end date when creating an ad. You simply state your monthly budget.

I'm wondering if there is an issue that is being caused with the Google Places / Google+ Local Page migration that is happening?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks, 

BI

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
August 2012

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi tkretzapss and Bluelon,

tkretzapss - pankaj1782 is right; it sounds like you are trying to edit an AdWords Express ad in the regular AdWords interface. 

In AdWords Express, you do not select end dates. Instead, you can deactivate ads for a particular business listing in your account when you want the ads to stop and reactivate them when you want to start running them again. 

Alternatively, you can delete old ads and create new ads for each particular business listing in your Adwords Express account, if you wish. 

For further details on how to manage your AdWords Express campaigns, please see this useful help center article: http://support.google.com/adwords/express/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2481410&topic=1725633&ctx=topic

If you need any further clarification, please let me know.

Best regards,

JoMo

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey JoMo,

Thanks for the note. I'm well aware of the difference between AdWords and AdWords Express.

I believe what is happening is that AdWords is calculating how long my monthly budget (set in Express) will last for the month. For example, I have a monthly budget set to $90 / mo. in AdWords Express. Last month, AdWords notified me that my AdWords Express ads would stop running on July 25. That 'end date' has since been changed to August 25. So, I think AdWords is simply saying that my Express ads will run until the 25 due to the restrictive budget I've set in Express.

Does this make sense? It's not really an issue anymore as my ads continue to run regardless of the notification that the campaign will end.

Thanks,

BI 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im havign the same issue. For whatever reason an arbitray end date popped up even though Ihave been using ad words express for 4 months or so. Now my ads arent running and there isn't an option to extend the date on the google places/adwords express pages

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey comfort,

I still haven't received a concrete answer... and since my ads have stopped running altogether as well even though all looks fine and dandy in AdWords Express interface. 

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bluelon- did you by chance have a Google rep optimize your ads in the recent past?

I did and thats the only thing I can come up with as a potential reason.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Comfort - No, I haven't.

I'm wondering if something is going on due to the Google Places pages migrating to Google+ Local Pages, even though AdWords Express has it's own login separate from Places now... thats all I can think of.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

bluelon- I went into my adwrods express page under: your business-->manage your ads. Then I literally just clicked 'save and continue' and a couple hours later it updated and is now working. very strange, clearly a glitch as the ads should never have stopped. It now gives me an end date of Sept. 25th in the adwords page. So in the postive column the ads are running but they are going to stop again... very annoying. Hope this helps.