AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do I target people outside the ad radius mileage or out of state

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do I target people outside the ad radius mileage or out of sta

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Advocate813,

It depends on what sort of targeting you want for your ads really.

For example in your Settings tab you have the opportunity to tweak this in the Location options section. Let's say you are selling furniture in the London area and still want to capture traffic outside of that area who are including "London" in their search; you can do this by enabling the People in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location setting.

Alternatively if you have a target radius but still want to include additional cities or areas in other places then you can still do so from the Locations section of the settings.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to what Scott said above, if you really want to test a new location outside prime focused area, I would suggest you to create a separate campaign and experiment that rather than working on the existing campaign. Doing this would help you identify if there are interested segment of people in that area which you were originally not focusing on and can give you some more business opportunities if that's feasible and within your business limits.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder if excluding a radius from a state works in a second campaign to avoid overlaping location targeting.