AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do I set a budget and also do geographically targeting for an image ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have a Google Adwords ad text only ad running. I also want to run an Image ad (250 x250 pixels), but I'm not sure what my Ad Campaign settings should be. I'd like to specify some websites where I'd like my ad to run, but don't know how to do this while also being able to set a budget and define my area with geographical targeting.

One of my areas of confusion is that it seems if I use the same campaign settings from my text ad, it already has a daily budget specified with geographically targeting. But if use these settings, there doesn't seem to be a place to specify what websites I'd like for my image ad to run.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author afhome
September 2015

Re: how do I set a budget and geographically targeting for an image ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Afhome,

Under the Settings tab you can change the Type of your campaign so that it complies with your goals. For image ads you'll need the Display Network enabled.   

"Flexible reach" is currently being rolled out to all accounts. If it is not available in your account, select Specific reach on the Campaign Settings page. If it is, go to the ad group level and select the Show your ads only on specific placements option as your targeting method. By default, ad groups will have this setting selected when you add targeting methods, such as interest categories, to them.

Daily Budget and Location Targeting are also features which are available at the campaign level, under the Settings tab again.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author afhome
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Afhome,

Under the Settings tab you can change the Type of your campaign so that it complies with your goals. For image ads you'll need the Display Network enabled.   

"Flexible reach" is currently being rolled out to all accounts. If it is not available in your account, select Specific reach on the Campaign Settings page. If it is, go to the ad group level and select the Show your ads only on specific placements option as your targeting method. By default, ad groups will have this setting selected when you add targeting methods, such as interest categories, to them.

Daily Budget and Location Targeting are also features which are available at the campaign level, under the Settings tab again.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Afhome,

>> "I'd like to specify some websites where I'd like my ad to run,

In addition to Lakatos' answer, you can use "placements", for  your ads to appear on specific websites, on the display network.

Reach more:

Add, edit, and delete managed placements

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’