3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do I give access to one of the campaigns in my account but not all

Lon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Lon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have three campaigns for different clients in my Adwords account. A client want's someone else to manage their campaign. That other person is asking for administrator access. I'm concerned that will let this person change my other campaigns as well. How do I limit which campaigns they can access?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lon
September 2015

Re: how do I give access to one of the campaigns in my account but not

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lon,

It is a mistake to create campaigns for multiple clients all in one AdWords account. You can not grant access to a particular campaign, only to the entire account.

The way to do this sorrectly from the start is to establish an MCC account. Then create separate AdWords accounts for each of your clients and link those accounts to your MCC account.

There's not much you can do at this point. You can transfer the campaign to a new account, but you will lose all the account history. That might be a good idea. At least the new manager will get a starting point, even if there is no data.

You can not use the same email address for an MCC account that is in use with an AdWords account. Get a new email address, open an MCC account, attach your adWords account and start doing things the right way.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for posting.  I have never run into this before and wanted to grant someone access to campaign level access. Guess lesson learned, set up a new account for each client.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Easy A,

Yes, a separate account for each client, and the client should be the owner of the account.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Experts in the Topic
petebardo