AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do I change the language of my campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want it to be only in english

ty

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how do I change the language of my campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi kabbalaonline,

Your campaigns can be in any language. In the Settings tab for the campaign, select English as the target language. Your keywords and ads should (usually) be written in the target language, in this case, English.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kabbalaonline
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Jello kabbalaonline;

In addition to the answers above, I understand from your question, that, currently, you are targeting English AND additional language, and you want to switch to English only; 

By doing so, you need to remember that Google determines the user's language, based on the user's browser settings, and set the primary language based on the Google domain- unless the user changes this.  (Each Google domain has a default primary language).

Thus; you need to think / consider the languages  spoken by your targeted users/ audiences.

For example:  let's say that I speak Russian, but using an English browser interface, (i.e. switched the primary language to be English) - if I did not also set Russian as an additional language (on the browser preferences) - I would not get to see ads in Russian. (This rule has some exceptions, that I do not want to get into, not to complicate further. See link below for additional reading).

-Moshe 

Read more:

Adwords language targeting

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi kabbalaonline,

Your campaigns can be in any language. In the Settings tab for the campaign, select English as the target language. Your keywords and ads should (usually) be written in the target language, in this case, English.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Go the the Campaign Settings tab and select the language(s) shown under the Language column. You can change your advertising language there.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know why I don't see this - only networks, devices and locations?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kabbalaonline
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Jello kabbalaonline;

In addition to the answers above, I understand from your question, that, currently, you are targeting English AND additional language, and you want to switch to English only; 

By doing so, you need to remember that Google determines the user's language, based on the user's browser settings, and set the primary language based on the Google domain- unless the user changes this.  (Each Google domain has a default primary language).

Thus; you need to think / consider the languages  spoken by your targeted users/ audiences.

For example:  let's say that I speak Russian, but using an English browser interface, (i.e. switched the primary language to be English) - if I did not also set Russian as an additional language (on the browser preferences) - I would not get to see ads in Russian. (This rule has some exceptions, that I do not want to get into, not to complicate further. See link below for additional reading).

-Moshe 

Read more:

Adwords language targeting

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’