AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how do I automatically stop my campaign after a particular total cost

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I am running a campaign but do not check it daily and I was wondering if there is a tool that will automatically pause my campaign after a certain dollar amount (total cost) please let me know. Thank you1

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do I automatically stop my campaign after a particular total c

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Under the Automate button on the Campaign tab, there is a "Pause campaigns when...." option that you can choose. You can set up your conditions for pausing your campaign there.

I would caution you that this will not give precise results. Depending on how large a geographic territory you've selected for your campaign, it's likely that your ad serving is coming out of a number of different ad servers. While Google makes every attempt to stop and start activity promptly when requested, there's always a bit more data that hasn't yet been posted to the UI. You may go over your spend by a small amount--or, if your ads are clicked on more rarely, the system may "slow" your ad serving to try not to exceed your threshold and a small amount may be left unspent.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*