AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how can you tell if a keyword is good ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have studied  Google Adwords for three week

but I still don't understand what the point of a good keywords is.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 陳 芃
September 2015

Re: how can you tell if a keyword is good ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Smiley Happy. In my opinion, a good keywords is keywords that are relevant and related to the business. But we also need to add negative keywords to cut some costs that we actually want to avoid.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 陳 芃
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Smiley Happy. In my opinion, a good keywords is keywords that are relevant and related to the business. But we also need to add negative keywords to cut some costs that we actually want to avoid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you so much! ><!
but If you are sitting in front of your computer and looking at your keywords tab, which column may you look for? ( for example : like CTR or impression else)

what is a good keywords ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey,  I am just a beginner in Google Adwords. I have a few question , Could someone help me? (T_T)

1. what is a good keywords? Can you give me an example?

2.what column or statistics will you look at when you are trying to define this keywords is good or bad?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Your welcome and thank you for accepting the answer Smiley Wink. Are you trying to make a campaign? Honestly, I haven't try using the AdWords but I have a link that you might want to see- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqWWC6v1is. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

Re: what is a good keywords ?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I consider a "good" keyword one that provides a positive return on investment (ROI).  That is, the amount of business/sales/profit that the traffic on that keyword drives to the website is acceptable. The keyword drives more dollars in profit than I pay for clicks.

Aside from that, if you were looking for what are good keyword performance metrics, then what is "good" varies a lot from one industry to another.  What are "good" performance numbers in the auto industry might not be "good" performance numbers for an online toy seller. Every industry is different--I mention this because how well your competition's keywords and ads are performing when compared to yours can have a big impact on how much of the available traffic your ads are able to compete for. 

With that warning, I would say that in general you want your keywords to have a 1.5% or higher CTR (for Google search traffic) with quality scores of 7 or higher. The associated ads should have CTRs of 5% or higher.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much ! T_T....
I will keep going and study harder before><

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆