AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how can one estimate traffic and cpc/cpm for GDN, like search traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how can one estimate traffic and cpc/cpm for GDN, like search traffic estimates for given keywords.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can one estimate traffic and cpc/cpm for GDN, like search traf

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi reliance d and welcome to the Community.  There are a couple of methods of predicting traffic for the GDN, one is via the Managed Placements tool, which will show you approximate impressions for a site/target per month and the other is via the "pie chart" that appears when targeting in the Display network settings.  Neither option is particularly accurate and are estimates above all else.

In terms of CPC/CPM, it's much harder to get estimates but in general the costs will tend to follow the trend of search costs.  So if you see CPC values of $5 for search, it may not be much different for Display.  This is a very broad assumption so it's best to think of it in terms of an indicator, i.e. if you have two Keywords in Search, one of which is $5 a click and the other is $10 a click, in the GDN the second one is likely to be double the cost of the first, even if the actual values differ.

More about Managed Placements (and the Placement Tool) - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471182?hl=en

Does this help at all?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

how can one estimate traffic and cpc/cpm for GDN, like search traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon, Nice Answer... I want to clear about Avg. CPC of GDN in INR. My main keyword is "mobile phones". I have used this keywords relevance terms. Currently, Historic CPC is 50.00. What will be actual values?