AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how can I targed only a specific gender when placing an ad on google search network only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how can I targed only a specific gender when placing an ad on google search network only

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dejan S
August 2016

Re: how can I targed only a specific gender when placing an ad on google search network only

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Dejan S

Demographic targeting is not available for the search network.

A workaround would be to create content in the ad and ad extensions like Callouts and possibly Site Links that inform the searcher that the site is geared towards a specific gender.  If relevant, you could include queries related to the specific gender as well.  

I would avoid using anything negative that might be perceived as discriminatory like "Men Only!" or "Men Stay Out!".  I'd stick with positive like "Great Content/Product for Men."

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dejan S
August 2016

Re: how can I targed only a specific gender when placing an ad on google search network only

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Dejan S

Demographic targeting is not available for the search network.

A workaround would be to create content in the ad and ad extensions like Callouts and possibly Site Links that inform the searcher that the site is geared towards a specific gender.  If relevant, you could include queries related to the specific gender as well.  

I would avoid using anything negative that might be perceived as discriminatory like "Men Only!" or "Men Stay Out!".  I'd stick with positive like "Great Content/Product for Men."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your fast response!