AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how can I show different ADS throughout the day?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi!

I'd like to show ads with a call to action like Call Us Now! during working hours, and Contact Us! in the rest of the day. At present I'm pausing and enabling ads at the beginning and at the end of every working day but I have many ads. How can I automate it? There must be a way to show different ads throughout the day... I'd prefer showing different ads instead of changing the content of the ads.

Best regards,

Mirco

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @mirco d,

Yes, there is a better way. It is not advisable to change ads up like that. Each ad should remain on its own... and then you create new ads and pause old one. This will preserve your history and prevent AdWords from having to review and approve the ad after each change. 

Have you looked into Ad Scheduling? An ad schedule allows you to display ads or change bids during certain times. When you create an ad schedule, your ad will only show during the times you specify. Your ad won’t show during the dates and times that aren't listed on your ad schedule. Review your ad schedule to make sure it includes all the days and times you want your ad to be eligible to show. 

And you could add in a call-only ads to supplement your current ads. Call-only ads are text ads that include a phone number and are designed to encourage calls rather than clicks. They appear exclusively on mobile phones. Set these to run during your working hours... and keep in mind they only show on mobile phones, so do not rely solely on them for your activity. 

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You're probably going to have to create different campaigns, with specific ad schedules. A 9-5 campaign with your call us CTA's. Then an after hours campaign for your contact us CTA's. The ad schedule time frame is from midnight to midnight, so you will likely have to have two schedules for your after hours campaign - 5-midnight, and midnight-9.

Of course, you may also be over thinking this a bit. First check your time of day reports, and see what kind of traffic you are getting during which hours. If no one is actually searching for your business/products/services after hours, then you don't have a market to serve during those hours. In addition - People want to have a choice. You may be driving potential customers away by trying to "force" them into completing a specific conversion action. If they want to call you, during business hours or not, then give them the option in both the ad, and on site. If they want to contact you online, then don't try to force them into a "call only" ad, whether it's during business hours or not.

Have you tried testing the call vs. contact CTA in the account as is? Which message works best, regardless of time of day?

Tom