AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how can I set Syria in targeted countries?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

One of my client want to add Syria in his targeted location. Someone please help me in this regard?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haseeb_Ahsan
September 2015

Re: how can I set Syria in targeted countries?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Haseeb,

In addition to what Jon said above, I was going through the following the doc sheet available in Adwords help center and I couldn't find Syria as a targeting option in Adwords:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Haseeb_Ahsan, I seem to recall this question coming up some time ago and I think that the answer was that Syria isn't currently available for targeting.  I'll check for you.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Jon. I've tried to add in targeted locations in Adwords account but did not find Syria in countries selection. Your reply would be greatly appreciated so I can answer my client in brief.

Haseeb Ahsan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haseeb_Ahsan
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Haseeb,

In addition to what Jon said above, I was going through the following the doc sheet available in Adwords help center and I couldn't find Syria as a targeting option in Adwords:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0

Pankaj

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi all,

Jon's right on: at this point, Syria is not an available country to target.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you guys. So this means traffic data showing in analytics from Syria, are the visitors who forcefully using google domain (google.com) and visits my site.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Haseeb. Actually it is not hat right, there is a liitle gap. You can e.g target the whole world and than exclude the countries you do not want to appear. But there ar emore countries as Syria which actually are not eligible to be targeted, you than would serve as well on those, because you cannot exclude them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All,

I am trying to exclude Syria & Republic of Myanmar in my campaign that is Targeting All Countries and Territories. but unable to do so, can someone tell me how to do it.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

You cannot exclude, what you cannot select...

Means Syria is not selectable as target country
but somehow is included in all countries.

If you do not want Syria, you shall not select All Countries and Territories
Rather select all the listed countries manually in which you want to appear.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ramona F

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information likely included as part of a mobile footer.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!