AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

how accurate is radius targeting in the new york, new jersey metro areas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Geo-Targeting works really well, including radius targeting in your areas. There are many other options for geo-targeting, too, where zip codes may be great for your use. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: how accurate is radius targeting in the new york, new jersey metro areas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What though is the normal hierarchy from the most effective to the least. I have a flood & water damage mitigation company and we travel to the customer for emergency water pump out extraction & dry outs.
I just figured setting up a radius, if that's how google picks companies to match keywords to adds to location would be the most efficient way for me to target a particular area within a certain mile distance to drive to.
Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Joseph,

There is none, really. The options exist to allow each advertiser to use what they prefer. As long as your service map is covered, you are covered. As a service company, radius targeting will be great. We generally add in radius and then pluck out any additional neighborhoods where radius does not quite reach yet expanding the radius bubble would hit another area we do not want. AdWords will let you precisely dial in what you want... using one or more geo-targeting method. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really had a bigger question about the whole auction system upon which when a query starts, someone in an area searches, how and why adds from various campaigns are trigered from keywords entering the search  funnel in a particular area?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Of course, seeing how it is quite dynamic and really interesting, I can't blame you.

This information explains the process pretty well. After that, review this information.  

Kind Regards,

James