AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi adrian here,i'm advertising my hotel booking website for 3 weeks now ,my add says book hotel motel,my keywords are all arround that but i cannot get on the first page of google as all the mega sites booking.com,wotif etc are always in front of me am i wasting my money advertising with google,some click but not one sale in 3 weeks,help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: google adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

I can understand the frustration you are having for getting clicks but no sales or leads. Trust me it's not that easy as it looks to be, when working with Adwords and trying to achieve ROI as soon as possible. Rather it requires lot of efforts in terms of optimization of your account.

I am not sure whether you have been with Adwords for pretty long or is it the first time you are advertising with Adwords. But still, I would like you to go through the Adwords Wiki section above, which provides some of the finest write ups from people who have put in their heart and soul in Adwords for years. I am sure you will not be disappointed after reading them and building strategy to fine tune your campaign.

Similarly, go through the Search Terms Report of your keywords. Select keywords and click on Keyword Details>>Selected. Here you will see what search terms people have searched for and what keyword match type was delivered. It will assist you in finding the relevant as well as irrelevant terms.

Keyword bidding plays an important role. You should be able to bid high enough initially so that it matches first page bid, otherwise you will have problems not getting to the first page of Google.

Work on the match types of your keywords and see which ones make sense and which not.

Quality Score is a real metric. If your keywords have low QS, you will seriously have to work on a strategy to improve on it.

Link Adwords with Analytics if you have not. It is must because in order to do more of the web analysis in terms of how users interacted with your website, which pages they left and which they spend more of the time. This will help you in making appropriate changes to your website if required.

Happy Reading!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian,

What is the average quality score of your keywords? The other websites that you have mentioned may have a lot of history in their Adwords account and you will need to keep working on building good history into your account to compete with them.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

I can understand the frustration you are having for getting clicks but no sales or leads. Trust me it's not that easy as it looks to be, when working with Adwords and trying to achieve ROI as soon as possible. Rather it requires lot of efforts in terms of optimization of your account.

I am not sure whether you have been with Adwords for pretty long or is it the first time you are advertising with Adwords. But still, I would like you to go through the Adwords Wiki section above, which provides some of the finest write ups from people who have put in their heart and soul in Adwords for years. I am sure you will not be disappointed after reading them and building strategy to fine tune your campaign.

Similarly, go through the Search Terms Report of your keywords. Select keywords and click on Keyword Details>>Selected. Here you will see what search terms people have searched for and what keyword match type was delivered. It will assist you in finding the relevant as well as irrelevant terms.

Keyword bidding plays an important role. You should be able to bid high enough initially so that it matches first page bid, otherwise you will have problems not getting to the first page of Google.

Work on the match types of your keywords and see which ones make sense and which not.

Quality Score is a real metric. If your keywords have low QS, you will seriously have to work on a strategy to improve on it.

Link Adwords with Analytics if you have not. It is must because in order to do more of the web analysis in terms of how users interacted with your website, which pages they left and which they spend more of the time. This will help you in making appropriate changes to your website if required.

Happy Reading!

Pankaj