AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

google adwords features

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi community I'm looking at a proposal from a digital agency and they are saying that Google Adwords can pick up on stimuli and return appropriate ads without putting in a search query is this true? Like Facebook now show you ads as they follow you around the internet and target you with products you have visited websites for can Google now do this too?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: google adwords features

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Deborah,

I think they are talking about re-marketing. Remarketing is a feature that lets you reach people who have previously visited your site, and show them relevant ads across the web or when they search on Google.

If you are talking about Text ad not its not possible to reach people when they are not putting a query.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Deborah,

I think they are talking about re-marketing. Remarketing is a feature that lets you reach people who have previously visited your site, and show them relevant ads across the web or when they search on Google.

If you are talking about Text ad not its not possible to reach people when they are not putting a query.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deborah,

Yes. Google offers you a great way to retarget your customers. The standard way of building your re-marketing campaigns by adding Javascript tag to your entire website and build your list. But, you can even retarget your customers based on the data collected through your Google Analytics report. You can target based on all the primary and secondary dimensions available within your GA report. I think this is wise to do at the primary stage assuming that your website has been constantly gathering data all this while, instead of creating new re-marketing lists at the Adwords account.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your post! As mentioned above, it sounds like the digital agency was referring to a feature in AdWords called 'remarketing'. More information can be found in the following Help Center article: http://goo.gl/9cEYi . Alternatively, you can use the search functionality at the top of the Community site to search for related threads about remarketing. 

Hope this helps!