AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

get the referral url from test link in manage ads view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a developer that try to capture the referral url from the ads section in the google search. It's working but if you try to click in the test link from manage ads, The referral capture doesn't work. Can someone capture a referral to showme the goggle domain name?

Thnxs

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: get the referral url from test link in manage ads view

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bvicco,

I get the same thing. document.referrer returns and empty string after clicking on the "test link" from manage ads.

The referrer data will be inconsistent. Not all will come from Google. Some sites on the DN do not provide the data. If the search was done with https, the search query will not be available through the referrer data.

If you are trying to identify AdWords traffic, look for the presence of a gclid value in the query string (assuming you have auto-tagging enabled) in the request URI.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: get the referral url from test link in manage ads view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thnxs Pete, I'll see how can I do to skip that trouble thnxs a lot =) -- ** *Blas E. Vicco *| Informatic Engineer, ContactPoint LLC O: (+54 342) 154-474649 | (+54 11) 42019865 bvicco@contactpoint.com * * * *