AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

format for managed placements

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Regarding format for managed placement 

Does it matter if I choose to have www before the domainname or not?  

I.e does domain.com equals www.domain.com?

If I only wanna show the ad on a specific subdomain and/or a folder (not on the root domain or other subdomains), does it suffice to add those in accordance with this:

sub.domain.com

domain.com/folder

And in that case, what if I only wanna show ads here sub.domain.com/folder1 (and folder1-x)?

(I am aware that www is a subdomain strictly speaking)

Re: format for managed placements

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi David,

That doesn't matter that you type www or not is ppc because both pages are having same content and you can also use sub domain like sub.domain.com in your campaign whose root domain is domain.com. 

have a look on Link Display URL.

Hope this help !!

Regards

-Vicky

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am talking about managed placements for display network.
I think you are talking about display URL for domains..?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi David,

It does not matter whether you put the www. or not in your placements as the page is generally the same. A problem occurs if the website considers both the pages as different. So you may notice 2 entries in your Automatic Placement report wherein you may see 'domain.com' as well as 'www.domain.com' having stats against them.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Heta

"if the website considers both the pages as different"

When and why would it do that?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi David,

This depends on the backend coding of the website. There is nothing that you or me as an advertiser can do about it. As an example, you may notice that www.domain.com and www.domain.com/index both load the homepage of a website. But these will be recorded separately by AdWords and Analytics.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com