AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

first page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a website on google how do I put it on the first page so people see it when there looking for that product, How much will I ned to pay per click to be there .......

Michael......

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: first page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

What you will need to pay per click to get a first page position depends on a number of factors - but to explain it simply - it's auction based - so it depends how much others (your competitors) are prepared to pay for a click on the same keyword.

The auction is not "fair" in the sense that your bid and your competitors bids are "multiplied" by the Quality Score that Google has given your keyword based on how relevant your ad and your landing page and website are in relation to the keyword itself - simple example - if your keyword is "blue jeans" and yet your ad and your site are about "car mechanics" then your QS is going to be very low - if, however, your ad and landing page are all about "blue jeans" then it will be high - so in the auction, your bid of $1with a QS of 8/10 will be "worth" more than a bid of $3 with a QS of 2....

Of course, this all changes from sector to sector - insurance, investment and real estate are some of the most competitive sectors with advertisers paying arond $40- $50 per click at the top end.

Other advertisers are paying just a few cents - I have a client who is paying 3 cents for clicks on one of their campaigns and $5 on another....

so the short answer is - there is no answer - you'll need to get your hands dirty and test your specific market to determine what you need to pay for a click and how that can work within your business model.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: first page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

What you will need to pay per click to get a first page position depends on a number of factors - but to explain it simply - it's auction based - so it depends how much others (your competitors) are prepared to pay for a click on the same keyword.

The auction is not "fair" in the sense that your bid and your competitors bids are "multiplied" by the Quality Score that Google has given your keyword based on how relevant your ad and your landing page and website are in relation to the keyword itself - simple example - if your keyword is "blue jeans" and yet your ad and your site are about "car mechanics" then your QS is going to be very low - if, however, your ad and landing page are all about "blue jeans" then it will be high - so in the auction, your bid of $1with a QS of 8/10 will be "worth" more than a bid of $3 with a QS of 2....

Of course, this all changes from sector to sector - insurance, investment and real estate are some of the most competitive sectors with advertisers paying arond $40- $50 per click at the top end.

Other advertisers are paying just a few cents - I have a client who is paying 3 cents for clicks on one of their campaigns and $5 on another....

so the short answer is - there is no answer - you'll need to get your hands dirty and test your specific market to determine what you need to pay for a click and how that can work within your business model.