AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

final url keyword insertion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to insert the exact search phrase text into my final url?  For example, if someone searches for "3d Character Animation" is there a way to pass that search phrase using my final URL? I'd like to be able to dynamically insert the exact search phrase into my landing page so it's more relevant to the user.

Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: final url keyword insertion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Justin,

Final URL can not be changed because its the destination where your user will land once he/she clicks your ad. You can not insert your keyword into final URL but into display URL.

Its recommended to insert keywords into display URL which is shown to User just to make it more relevant to user and also Google. Google also considers it as one of the ad ranking factors.

Thanks.

Re: final url keyword insertion

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Justin Y,

No, that's just not possible. Google considers that a privacy issue. There is no way to retrieve the actual search phrase. You can, however, retrieve your keyword that triggered the ad using Value Track {keyword}. That's about as close as you can get.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords