AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

exporting ads' copy and their ids

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would like to export my ads and their ids. I couldn't find the option to export the ads with the copy and ids together. I know this can be done - just where. 

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: exporting ads' copy and their ids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello adhummer,

The quickest and most efficient way is to download AdWords Editor, an offline Google AdWords management software owned by Google. After installation, open up the program and click on File, you will see the option to Export spreadsheet (CSV) along with which parts of the account you wish to export.

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Scott, 

thanks for the answer. 

I already use the editor but I tried what you said. I exported the ad group and it exports the full ad copy without the AD ID, which I would like to have.

Do you know where I can get the ad ID together with the ad copy? 

Steven

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

I tried looking for you but can't seem to find any option to include / enable them. Perhaps it's a good feature request if this isn't already available.

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Steven- thanks for posting!

If you want to export your ads with their ad Id, there is something you might be able to try (if you haven't already). Once you are in your AdWords account, please navigate to the Ads tab for the ads that you want to export. Next, you will want to add in the "Id" column. To do so, please click on the "Columns" buttom and select "Customize columns." Next, you will want to select "Attributes," and finally you should see the the option for "Id." Just click "Add" and then "Save." 

Once this Id column has been added in, it should be included in the report that you download. To download a report from the Ads tab, just select the "Download report" icon. (Note: This is located next to the search bar with the downward pointing arrow that rests above an open bracket.) For more information on downloading a report (and to see an example of the "download" icon), please refer to the following article from our Help Center:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66213

Hope you find this information helpful!

-Liz

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Liz, 

I did manage to get that data myself i.e. download the ad report with ad ids. The problem is I want to have the complete ad copy i.e. headline, description line 1 + 2, and the display URL in the report.

How do I download in a report all current ads (headline, description lines, URL and ad ID)

Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us again. To clarify, when you download the report from the "Ads" tab into an excel file, the report will include columns for description line 1, description line 2, display URL, destination URL, etc. 

Please let me know if you are still unable to see this information!

Best,

Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
It seems that also I am unable to export a report including the Ad ID in it.
In the Google AdWords report overview there is no field to add in the report that has the name Ad ID.
When I go to the Ads overview in my campaigns I can edit the columns and add the Ad ID in it.
But on exporting my report from the reports tab no Ad ID is added to the columns.
How can we solve this to include the Ad ID in each report?

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Ely