AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

excessive charge per click question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

recieved  2 clicks on my first day...but avg was over $5 per click.  Why so high?

Re: excessive charge per click question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey I guess you rae using automatic bidding option in which AdWords sets your bids to get clicks within your target budget. I would suggest you to change it to Manual Bidding and set a bid you can afford per click.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i know what to set...my daily budget is $10.  I want results but figured auto would be best and i would only pay whats necessary.  i have no idea what will be effective, thx for your help

avish wrote:

Hey I guess you rae using automatic bidding option in which AdWords sets your bids to get clicks within your target budget. I would suggest you to change it to Manual Bidding and set a bid you can afford per click.

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guttermanofwny,

Welcome to the community

• You are paying too much because your estemated CPC bidding is high for your targeted keywords.
  • If i am not wrong you have choosen automatic bidding option in your campaign setting where google adjust your CPC bids to bring you the most clicks possible within your daily budget.You may try mannual bidding option where you can limit you max CPC bid that you are willing to pay for a click,But it may not be give you good result where the compeiton is too high.
  • The best way is try to improve the Quality Score of your keywords,which help to reduce the cpc bid.

Hope it helps

Best Of Luck

Regards,

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI there

In addition to the above advice, I think you will find it useful to see the following pages-

Check and understand your quality score

Improving your quality score

also, please see-

Improve your return

I hope this is useful :-)

Kind regards