AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

estimated first page bid - for budgeting purposes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

anyone help me to leran me this tirks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eng A
September 2015

Re: estimated first page bid - for budgeting purposes?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Eng,

Thank you for your posting. 

If you are new to Adwords, I highly recommend you start with our Fundamentals of Adwords on our Help section.  Once you've read the basics, you can create your first campaign and ad group. You can than use the Keyword Planner to get keyword ideas and traffic estimates before enabling your first ad(s). 

There's also a good thread from one of our community members that has some links for beginners here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eng A
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Eng,

Thank you for your posting. 

If you are new to Adwords, I highly recommend you start with our Fundamentals of Adwords on our Help section.  Once you've read the basics, you can create your first campaign and ad group. You can than use the Keyword Planner to get keyword ideas and traffic estimates before enabling your first ad(s). 

There's also a good thread from one of our community members that has some links for beginners here

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Eng A,

Besides the great advice from John Paul, as a second opinion, if you have an account my guess is that you are not seeing the first page bid estimate because it is a non-default column. To enable this column please follow this guide : link

Also the First page bid estimate is a "moving target" , it can change due to many factors like how much your local competitors bid, what your quality score is for that keyword and more.

If you want some control over the bids to apear at least on the first page , you can use a predefined automated "strategy: target search page location" described here : link

In short you cannot anticipate exactly how much budget you need to keep your keywords above the first page bid without testing them for a while in a live campaign in your particular setup. After you keep your Search campaign live for example for a week, you can extrapolate and say that in a month you need the budget of that week x 4.