AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

estimated first page bid - for budgeting purposes?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

i am putting together a proposal for a client.

willing to spend 20% of gross revenue on Google (including managment & setup fee + Click-Budget).

Now i am trying to see wether the CPC that comes out of my Excel actually is realistic depending on the competitiveness of the market they´re in.

how do i find out wether the CPC calculated will even bring my client onto the first page?

In some markets 0,4 Euros will be plenty (non competitive), but in others i had to deal with 2 (+) Euro first page bids.

Is there a way to get an estimate of the first page bid of keywords while still preparing the campaign (no keywords added to the account, no impressions generated,...)

Or how do you go about setting things like that up in general?

Greatly appreciate your help on the "business" side of things.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floshkit
September 2015

Re: estimated first page bid - for budgeting purposes?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello floshkit; welcome;

An average CPC (as paid by all advertisers - in all positions - for a given keyword) is available using the "keyword tool" . (This feature is NOT available in the external tool; You need to login to your account and access the tool from the "Tool and analysis tab")

This could serve as your first bidding "estimated" guess.

Read more;

Understanding Keyword Tool columns

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472679?hl=en&ref_topic=1713918

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floshkit
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello floshkit; welcome;

An average CPC (as paid by all advertisers - in all positions - for a given keyword) is available using the "keyword tool" . (This feature is NOT available in the external tool; You need to login to your account and access the tool from the "Tool and analysis tab")

This could serve as your first bidding "estimated" guess.

Read more;

Understanding Keyword Tool columns

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472679?hl=en&ref_topic=1713918

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
super. thank you. just what i needed to get me started

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Also do not forget to set up conversion tags and / or connect ad traffic data to CRM (if conversions are leads) so that you can calculate later how much money your client makes out of visitors through AdWords. At the end of the day, that's how search advertisement is evaluated by clients / management. It will help you to optimize your account as well.