AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

errors with adwords and analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

ia any one expriencing the data differences between adwords and analytics data? i see the different clicks and conversion statistics in adwors and analytics, for example in analytics account its showing 4 conversions for the given time period but in adwords account the conversion is only 1.....Woman Frustrated

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sonia
September 2015

Re: errors with adwords and analytics account

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi sonia,

It's really hard to tell. One thing to keep in mind, though, AdWords will report the conversion on the date of the click while Analytics reports the conversion on the date of the conversion. Also, take a look at the Multi-Channel Funnels. You mat get some insight there.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello sonia,

First, welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I would suggest checking out the following link about "Understanding Data Discrepancies Between AdWords and Google Analytics".

Moshe also mentioned this link in a similar discussion. If you are reviewing today's data then it is natural for data to be different between both products as they are updated at different times but you mentioned a given time zone so the links above should address your question.

Let us know if they don't though!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Just to be clear, are we comparing apples to apples here?

The doc Scotty D cited uses clicks and visits as the example, but what kind of conversions are we talking about? 

Adwords conversion code conversions?

Analytics goal completions, imported as adwords conversions?

Ecommerce transactions as compared to adwords conversion code conversions?

Adwords and/or google analytics conversion data of any kind, as compared to your website admin conversion/goal tracking?

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ScottyD,

Thank you for welcome Smiley Happy
i have gone through the information which you have provided but i see that there is much about analytics's data discrepancies. here for instance yesterday i saw a conversion in adwords of 2nd april which appeared in adwords yesterday, and today i saw a conversion which was of 30th march. though analytics is sowing the all 4 conversions, it seems that adwords is getting data very late than anlytics. codes are properly added.

thanks
sonia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
its adwords conversions vs analytics>adwords>campaigns>goal completions.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

So, after at least a 48-hour delay, you have 4 adwords conversion code conversions, and 4 google analytics> adwords> analytics goal completions, for the date range of Mar. 30 - Apr. 2? If so, fantastic! 100% data sync is great, if your conversions are accurately reporting froma all sources, then you're set! 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
no Smiley Sad this is the issue, i have 4 analytics conversions being shown in adwords advertising and 2 adwords conversions in my adwords account.....why adwords is not showing remaining 2 conversions...???
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sonia
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi sonia,

It's really hard to tell. One thing to keep in mind, though, AdWords will report the conversion on the date of the click while Analytics reports the conversion on the date of the conversion. Also, take a look at the Multi-Channel Funnels. You mat get some insight there.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

I fell your pain with the discrepancies Sonia... We are experiencing similar issues with several clients right now. What gives me pause, is Pete esentially saying "hmm... could be a number of things". Smiley Happy That let's me know, whatever the problem is, there's no button you can press, or switch you can flip that just fixes the problem. It's going to be an ongoing process to figure this discrepancy out. In the meantime...

Do you have any third party data you could compare analytics and/or adwords to, over a given date range? If google analytics : Administration level website data conversions are 100%, then maybe adwords conversions post delay are not accurate, but if google analytics data is, then at least you have something to work with.

Start at the top. Is there any website related analytics conversion data, which matches actual "in-house" sales? If not, the entire conversion model could be off, regardless of traffic source. Is there any data set for conversions which matches within the 80-90th percentile actual payment for products/services, within a given date range?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Smiley Happy yes there are some features as assisted and last and first interactions etc. i,ll have to take a deep look but it seems that there is the reason mentioned Smiley Happy