AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

eligible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My key words are not eligible ?? can i ask to have the looked at and allowed as they are in direct relation to the services i offer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: eligible

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Steve,

Why is that your keywords are not eligible? Do you see any warning when you hover your mouse on the keyword status?

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha
it says
Your ads aren't eligible to show for keywords that relate to restricted products or services.

I run a Ferensic cleaning company offering Meth Lab cleaning and remediation. I assume that because i use meth lab as part of the key word Adwords do not like it ???

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Steve,

As you have mention Meth lab which i think is a place where meth(Drug) is manufactrued. Or cooked.

And google dosn't allow to advertise this type of product.

Here is the Link That will Help you

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes that is correct a meth lab is a place where drugs are cooked.
In short I don't see why the key words should be banned when we are offering a service to decontaminate or test the building.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
have you gone through the link which I have given. I think its against the adwords policy.

Here is the product list for which you can not advertise I have seen Meth is one of them. Please take a look.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2430794

So I suggest you to talk to adwords customer support may be they will help you.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the advise I been waiting for a rep to be online however i may have to wait untill monday

Thanks again
Cheers Steve

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
well i received a phone call from a nice man at adwords who told me that he has spoken with the team i can't use meth or drugs. in my add. even though me business name and web domain have the word meth in them.

I've forwarded of another email explaining that we in no way sell or promote drugs and according to the policy i believe that it should be allowed.

I've also asked to speek with a supervisor or someone who has the authority to make a decision on this mater.

will keep you informed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has this been solved?  I too have been going round and aroun trying to promote our Meth Cleanup services with no luck.  There should be an exception for someone promoting cleanup...not the sale of meth.  I have gone through all the channels short of becoming a pharmacy to get our adds to show.   I was told to remove all references to meth remove it from my landing page then it will work...did that but now im not showing as a meth clean up company just a cleanup company.  I know protections are in place for a reason but come on...im part of the fix not the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim
In Short
I wish it was. !!!!!!!
I can honestly say i gave up after being told all the crap under the sun about becoming a pharmacy. and we couldn't advertise meth labs.
Can honestly say that adwords does not work with or for a meth lab remediation company..
the Powers to be at google adwords seem to be narrow minded and seem to have no way of using common sense.
It appears that we are at another brick wall.

Where are you situated Tim ?