AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

editing AdWord text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a new AdWord user, and our first ad campaign took 5 business days to go from "Under Review" to "Eligible".

Will editing the text in a "Eligible" ad change the status? I mean will it go back to "Under Review" again and we need to wait for several more days to use this Ad or do the changes I make go into effect immediately without waiting time?

Is the "Under Review" status only apply the first time you create the Ad?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Distill A
September 2015

Re: editing AdWord text

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Distill A,

Yes, your ad will go under review every time you edit it. The thing to do is create a new ad instead of editing the existing ad. The process is much the same, but your existing, approved ad will continue to run while the new ad is under review. Afte the new ad has been approved you can pause or delete the existing ad. It's a good practice to have more than one ad in each ad group.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello, Distill A

Whenever you create or edit an ad, Google reviews the ad to make sure that it complies with the advertising policies.
Read more about it :
http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/99486?hl=en
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately every time you edit eligible ad it will go through editorial review to ensure it is an appropriate edit. It may take up to 3 business days for Google to review your edited ads.

More information can be found on these links
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/99486?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120

I think you should make change irrespective of approval time required as long as those changes are in interest of user experience and relevance...

Just in case your ads mention price point or offer or text where it's likely to change over time, you may consider adding few ads without having reference of offer/price so that it could run while other ads are being reviewed..
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Distill A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Distill A,

Yes, your ad will go under review every time you edit it. The thing to do is create a new ad instead of editing the existing ad. The process is much the same, but your existing, approved ad will continue to run while the new ad is under review. Afte the new ad has been approved you can pause or delete the existing ad. It's a good practice to have more than one ad in each ad group.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello petebardo,

I think you have a very good idea. I didn't think of that. We will make a new ad and get it approved before deleting/pausing the "older" one.

Much appreciated.

Distill Admin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your ideas "Ashok" & "Elja",

I will do some more reading to get more familiar with these policies.

Best regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good suggestion..