AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

dynamic text ads in a dynamic remarketing display campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone, 

My question today is:

In a display campaign using dynamic remarketing, can I have dynamically created text ads that are automatically updated with info relevant to the product that was seen on my site? As of right now I currently only have image ads being dynamically utilized but want to know if the same is capable for text ads.

Any help would be great!

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynamic text ads in a dynamic remarketing display campaign?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Casey,

For your text ads on the Display Network (when you are using contextual targeting), you can actually try keyword insertion to dynamically update your ad text to include one of your keywords that triggered your ad.

As you might already know, keyword insertion can make your ads more relevant to customers, helping to increase your clickthrough rate (CTR). More details about this can be found here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549129

For instructions on using keyword insertion, please refer to the following article: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454041

Please let me know if this does not answer your question/if you have further concerns. Have a good rest of your day!

Thanks,

Muhannad
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casey P
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Dynamic remarketing supports both text and image (Flash/HTML5) ad formats, they should both be created if you go through the workflow.

If not, you can always add the dynamic text ad manually: under the "Ads" tab click the "+ Ad" red button and select "Ad Gallery" and they pick "Dynamic Ads" and finally "Dynamic Product Ads - text ads"

It's definitely recommended to run both dynamic text and image ads to maximize your reach as many ad slots only allow text and image ads are not eligible to appear there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there

Thanks for this. I have created a text ad for my dynamic remarketing campaign and just wondered why the ad preview contains an image, assume this won't appear considering it's a text ad?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Rebecca,

Text ads can actually contain an image so the preview is accurate. The actual rendering of text ads varies based on the publisher: some GDN sites only accept text, some accept text+image.

- Maxime