AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

dynamic remarketing tag help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question on dynamic remarketing tag:

How I need to use this code:

For example I only want to run dynamic for products:
<script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
ecomm_pagetype: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
ecomm_totalvalue: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE'
};
</script>

If I use custom tagging like this:

ecomm_prodid: '123',
ecomm_pagetype: 'product',
ecomm_totalvalue: '99.00'
};
</script>

But here I am targeting only one products, How can I target 1000's of product with same code, can you give exact code what should be placed on all product pages?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynamic remarketing tag help

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

This is going to require some server side coding.

ecomm_prodid: Here you need to pass a variable which will hold value ecomm_prodid for each page. Make sure this id matches with that of product in your merchant center data feed,

ecomm_pagetype: 'Here you need to pass a variable which will hold value ecomm_pagetype for each page. Values allowed for this are home,category, product, cart, purchase, siteview',

ecomm_totalvalue: 'Here you need to pass a variable which will hold value for price  of product/s on that page for each page'
};

</script>

I hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, a developer will be able to implement this for you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks so much for the guidance, I am not so good at coding so what I need
to pass can you please show any example:

What I need to put in place of "??" marks.

I will greatful to help on this

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Send me your website

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

These values have to be populated programmatically, not manually on every page.

The way to do that varies depending on what kind of e-commerce platform you use:

- Is it a package solutions like Shopify, Squarespace, Magento, Prestashop, Bigcommerce, Yahoo stores, etc....?

- Is it custom built solution? If so what programming language was used? Java, .NET, PHP, Python, etc...?

There are basically 2 options:

- Populate the values on the server-side, that's the preferred way, although it will probably be harder for us to help you there

- Do it on the browser-side using JavaScript to extract the values from the page itself

Indeed, it would be a lot easier to help you if you pointed us to your website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Maxme,

Thank you for clarifying everything. my website is: http://www.mobilemattress.com.au/
can you help me what should be the coding format here on this website?

Also another website is going to build on fastshoppingcart.com do you have an Idea of coding on this CMS also?

Many thanks
Sundeep

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
It is a magento website. You can search for addons which will enable you to install dynamic remarketing automatically. Thanks.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Here's an extension for Magento, although I haven't tried it myself it has a great rating:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/anaraky-gdrt-google-dynamic-remarketing-tag-for-magen...

Here's another one with a lower rating:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/adwise-dynamicremarketing.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Maxime,

You mention Yahoo Stores above so I was wondering if you'd be able to help me out. I have a client who's website is built on Yahoo, and their developer is attempting to implement the dynamic remarketing code. I passed along the standard subdoc that explains how to set this up, but he is claiming that Yahoo's system is unique and therefore he is having issues with it. The doc I pointed him to is the following: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en .... And his full message is below:

"I'm looking at making the update to the remarketing code you mentioned. I'm looking at Google's help doc you linked to, but having some trouble getting it implemented. The Yahoo platform we are on is challenging (and sometimes near impossible) to pass along some of the dynamic variables, especially in the cart, because the cart pages are on Yahoo's domain and we have much less control over them (but we do have some). Do you have any experience with Yahoo's platform and might have insight on how to implement? At the moment, I'm not able to figure a way to do it."

If you have experience with implementing this code on this platform, would you be able to provide a little insight?

Thank you!

Patrick