AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

dynamic remarketing doenst work on some pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a problem with Dynamic Remarketing. The dataLayer get filled correctly through javascript and before the iframe tag. Then in google tag manager i can see data getting pulled from all pages in the website except cart and checkout. I am trying to recored conversionintent and i am using Pageview trigger on all pages. Any Idea of what is maybe wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynamic remarketing doenst work on some pages

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Thanasis,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Do you still need help with this issue?

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, yes i have not yet figured it out and would love some thoughts on what is going on!

Thank you for your reply!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Thanasis,

I'm happy to help. First, it would be great if you could tell me a bit more about the issue. Are you seeing an error in Tag Manager, or is it somewhere in AdWords that you're seeing the issue? Also, which type of conversion tracking set-up are you using--AdWords or Google Analytics?

Thanks!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok , I have an eshop, and wanted to use dynamic remarketing! from the webpage the GTM snippet is placed corectly and above this i generate a script wich contains product ids , page type , and total amount.. the script is like this:

dataLayer.push({
'dynx_itemid': ['5205798351343-00'],
'dynx_pagetype': 'offerdetail',
"dynx_totalvalue": "89",
});

I am using google analytics , and there is no actual error, but a strange behaviour. Based on eshop's page type i collect some custom dimensions like dynx_pagetype and dynx_itemid, and i can actually see them being pulled from analytics . But not all the time! it is being pulled when the user is in homepage, or in category view but never when he is in the cart checkout or purchase! The page type in those pages is conversionintent and the script fills the datalayer correctly, but seems like it doesnt send it. Idont know if that makes sense.

this is the actual shop

http://tsouderos.gr/

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Thanasis,

Thanks for the additional info! This sounds like it may be more of an AdWords Scripts question than an issue with Dynamic Remarketing set-up in your account. Is that the case? If so, I'd recommend checking the AdWords Scripts Forum for help instead.

Otherwise, if it's an issue with the way AdWords is handling the Dynamic Remarketing data in your campaign, then I may be able to look into this for you.

Cassie