AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

dynamic analytics remarketing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

We're having trouble setting up dynamic remarketing via analytics.

We've set up the custom dimensions as per instructions, and changed the anaytics script on our site, here's an example:

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-1','auto');
ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
ga('set','dimension1','4808');
ga('set','dimension2','product');
ga('set','dimension3','167.49');
ga('send', 'pageview', '/bags/mbag030-c10-new-rock-messenger-bag-in-black-leather.html');
</script>

We've had this in place for over 48 hours now, but are just getting this error if we check in the audience section in adwords:

rm-problem.PNG

Is there something we've missed? Does it take longer than 48 hours? Some guidance would be very much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynamic analytics remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

Did you follow all the pre-requisites and other requirements to ensure that the set up is complete without any errors as described in the help center reference here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3455585?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
Yes, we did, except the audiences were already there in analytics, but I have just noticed think they were possibly wrong, so I've reimported them, hopefully that will sort it, I'll come back if nothing happens!
Thanks

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Sometime it just takes time for the status to get changed so hang on.

Thanks,

Siva,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi All,

Although the warning message is still showing, the dynamic ad campaign is now beginning to get impressions, so I assume that it's working, and there is just a delay in this message disappearing.

Thanks all for your help!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The ads seem to triggering, but the We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality error message is still showing, it this something I need to worry about, or a bug in the Adwords system?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
No need to worry about....