AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

download recent keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I'm trying to find a way to download all the keywords I made in the past three days.

The goal is to be able to do a spot check on all keywords three days after their created in order to catch any early issues which may arise.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Garrett B
September 2015

Re: download recent keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Garrett,

From the Change History you can filter by "Keyword" change type and then view keyword changes for a period, however when you download the data into CSV format it will not include the keywords that were added.

Another approach from the Keywords tab:
- select new keywords (after you have added them)
- create a Label for selected keywords such as "pending"
- create a Filter to view only "pending" keywords at a later time

Then you could easily select the new filter to review those keywords and possibly change the label to put them into another label/category.

Regards,

Bejan A.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Garrett B
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Garrett,

From the Change History you can filter by "Keyword" change type and then view keyword changes for a period, however when you download the data into CSV format it will not include the keywords that were added.

Another approach from the Keywords tab:
- select new keywords (after you have added them)
- create a Label for selected keywords such as "pending"
- create a Filter to view only "pending" keywords at a later time

Then you could easily select the new filter to review those keywords and possibly change the label to put them into another label/category.

Regards,

Bejan A.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Garrett,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. There are two ways you can download all the keywords from your AdWords account.

Option #1:

Open your Adwords Account, navigate to the campaign you want to look at, then the Keywords tab for that campaign. Look above the graph that shows your clicks and - around the middle of the bar directly above this graph - you should see a little button with a "down arrow" on it.  Click this and you'll see options for downloading the data shown. (see sample screenshot below). 

As an aside, some of excel's most powerful features e.g. pivot tables can't be used with a .csv file. Instead you can use the Save as function to save the donwloaded file as .xlsx right away.

Keyword Download.png

Option# 2:

Download your campaigns, make changes with powerful editing tools, then upload the changes to AdWords. One of the advantages of using AdWords Editor is you can do all your bulk editing (including downloading your Keywords) offline. When ready, you can upload the changes to your AdWords account. You can download it from this link: http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/adwordseditor/

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello John,

The tricky part of Garrett's question is how to download or "spot check" only the keywords added in the past 3 days.

Are you suggesting he download all the keywords and then filter those with the keywords added in the past 3 days?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Bejan,

I believe you can spot check the keywords using the AdWords Editor. I noticed that you "Get recent changes", "Check changes" and "view statistics" in AE which you can use for tracking the keyword changes.