AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

dissaproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have created a new website & domain that runs in parallel with my orginal one. I am mixing my ads so that about 60% use the original website & 40% use the new website.

I realise that you cant have two domains on the same ad group, but still have many of the new ads 'dissaproved' for '[Display URL] One display URL domain per ad group'.

Why would that be ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: dissaproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The only way you could possible mix your ads to 60% use the original and 40% use the new website would be in the same ad group. The display URL for an ad must match the domain where the user ends up after all redirects. So, if the ads point to 2 different domains as the destination, you will get an error.

Do you have ads going to the new website mixed in an ad group with ads going to the old web site? Is the new web site on a different domain? If you answered yes to both questions, that is your answer.

If this is not what you did, check all your keyword level destination URL's.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The only way you could possible mix your ads to 60% use the original and 40% use the new website would be in the same ad group. The display URL for an ad must match the domain where the user ends up after all redirects. So, if the ads point to 2 different domains as the destination, you will get an error.

Do you have ads going to the new website mixed in an ad group with ads going to the old web site? Is the new web site on a different domain? If you answered yes to both questions, that is your answer.

If this is not what you did, check all your keyword level destination URL's.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I have a number of different ad groups. No ad group has a different URL shown in the same ad, nor in the same ad group.

There are two URL's in total. Both different domains. No two appear in the same ad or ad group.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
provided wrong information. pls ignore
more information here http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175906?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

oh right, well thats a different peice of advice to the one above, which says you need different urls in different ad groups, not in the campaign. Hmm not sure now, as one of my ads in the same campaign with a different URL HAS been approved. So its quite confusing as to what the rules are...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry about that. I meant to say you can not mix display URL domains in the same adGroup. The landing pages can be different.

Pete