AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

display placements target

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hey i wanted to ask you how many sites to add to 1 ad group with placement targeting ?

how many sites recommended ?

and does it recommended to ad placements with 25m impressions or not ? ?

please help me .

im trying to build placement campaign and i wanted to cheek how many sites to add and if its recommended to add to much or not ...

thank u .

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: display placements target

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Maya, you can add up to 20 000 placements in 1 ad.group. Please refer to:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704396?hl=en

If you want to display different message on different placements, it makes sense to separate those placements in separate ad.groups.

About 25m - depends from your product/service and display campaign targeting. If you are using only placement targerting and have limited budget, I would recommend to start with smaller placements.

Don't forget about frequency cap in campaign settings. I usually start with 4 (daily for ad.group). Later you can put best performing placements into separate ad.groups.

Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
but is there recommended numbers of max placement per ad group ?
if its less placement better ? or if its many placement with high impressions better ?
it doesn't matter right ? its only depending on my budget . ?

thank you Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Smiley Happy Interesting questions. It depends from your goal and budget.

Usually I am putting only best placements into separate ad.groups for 1 reason - I am setting frequency cap ad.group level and I want to maximize number of clicks for best placements with good ROAS and cost per conversion, whatever is better for specific project.

However if you are just launching campaign and you don't have any statistic data yet I think the best time effective solution is to put all placements in 1 ad.group and look what kind of traffic you will get. Then you can change bids, exclude some placements and put others into separate ad.groups.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thank you. Smiley Happy