AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

display campaigns strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to do work on google display for elearning website. what shoud i do for the best.

Thanks,

Amit Sharma

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: display campaigns strategy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI AmitS,

Welcome to the forum,

here are some great articles & discussion about the Display Network and some suggested best practices.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497680
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Members-lounge/Best-Practice-Google-Display-Network-and-cont...

Hope this helps..

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

Welcome to the community! First you need to set an goal, what are you trying to achieve from display campaign. I believe you want students to register for your elearning course. You can run Image Ads (All Sizes) & Text Ads to run display campaign.  Once you have banner ads and text ads in place, you can start with adding Remarketing campaign. Remarketing campaign will help you target users who have already visited your site. Later you can use custom combinations & can target users who have visited your site and did not converted. I advice you to read help center article to get some decent idea on how remarketing works.

There are multiple ways to target Display campaign. You can use display planner and search for placements which are relevant to your domain and can target them as manage palcements. You can target and bid on manage placement. If you think the website you are targeting are high traffic you can add keywords to your campaign.

You can also contextually target display campaign and let google choose placement for you. We call it automatic campaign, here you can set adgoup bid. If anyways you are going for Automatic campaign, I suggest to exlcude categories to restrcit ads from irrelevant categories such as gaming sites etc. Also can add some broad negatives which will mostly likely protect your ads to show on some irrelevant sites.

You Can also target Keywords + Topics. Topic targeting in relation with keyword. Or May be you can target some high traffic website and combine it with placement. For example: nytimes.com and add topic sports. Your ads will show on sports pages. You can go with Interest Categories also.

With display network you can also demographically target ads. you can target specific age and gender. Although I have tried this for one my client where I wanted to target specific age and gender but the results which I got was not what I was expecting. I feel this targeting is still not perfect and worth a try. May be others have different opinion on this.

It is always best to keep track on placements where your ads are appearning and continue excluding placements which are not relevant.

The best to learn about Display Network: http://www.google.co.in/ads/displaynetwork/index.html

I would advice to go through above link, set your goal and decide which all strategy would be beneficial for you. It's all about testing. Smiley Happy

Good Luck!

Hope that helps! Thanks Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Instead of keyword or contextual, try affinity and/or interest-related websites, it's very wide exposure. Such as websites visited by those searching for elearning, including....TV and movie websites.