AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

different campaigns or different adgroups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it better to create a different campaign for targeting mobile devices for the same ads for which I have ads for desktop or should I create only diff. ad groups in the same campaign . I already have a campaign running for desktop. Now for the same market, I want to create mobile ads, should I create a new campaign or new adgroup in the same campaign ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: different campaigns or different adgroups

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kabir,

You can run your campaign on desktop and mobile site together with only one campaiign because Google AdWords has the feature that called Enhanced Campaign.
So you dont need to create different campaign if you want to run on desktop and mobile as long as your campaign objective is same between those two platforms.
Just playing on your bidding, if you want to show your ads more on mobile, you can set your bid higher on mobile device and AdWords wlll automatically adjust your campaign to get the better performance on your mobile campaign.

Hooe it helps Smiley Very Happy
thanks

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Kabir,

All your choice. I suggest to work with same ads (If it's performing well), Also increase bids for mobile device (If you want to target mobile aggressively)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kabir,

You can run your campaign on desktop and mobile site together with only one campaiign because Google AdWords has the feature that called Enhanced Campaign.
So you dont need to create different campaign if you want to run on desktop and mobile as long as your campaign objective is same between those two platforms.
Just playing on your bidding, if you want to show your ads more on mobile, you can set your bid higher on mobile device and AdWords wlll automatically adjust your campaign to get the better performance on your mobile campaign.

Hooe it helps Smiley Very Happy
thanks

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Kabir,

As Ryan mentioned, your ads will be eligible to appear on all devices (desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and mobile phones) within your campaign. You can create a mobile specific ad and set a higher or lower bid for mobile devices within your campaign settings (these are called 'mobile bid adjustments'). 

• If you're adding an ad to your campaign, you'll have the option to create a mobile-optimized ad. To do so, select the "Mobile" checkbox next to the "Device preference" setting.
  • More information about bid adjustments can be found here: http://goo.gl/ZqyWQR. 

I hope this helps!