AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

difference between ACE and Rotate ads evenly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know what the difference between ACE (Adwords Campaign experiments) and Rotate Ads Evenly.

I'd like to compare the performance between banner A and B.

If I set the percentages in ACE 50:50. Is it same with Rotate Ads Evenly?

I just Use it for A/B Testing.

Somebody Help me-

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: difference between ACE and Rotate ads evenly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

Rotate Ads evenly does not give you guarantee that your ads impression would be equally distributed between two ads. Rotate ads evenly allows both ads to enter into ad auctions equally, but which has higher ad ranks would win the ad auctions.

Thus In order to get the equal impression, use AdWords campaign experiment.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is a very nice question...

I would not say that ACE "guarantees". I would say it gives you statistical confidence in the result.

With ACE, the system would return a statistical answer whether one banner performance over the other is statistically significant better. In other words:  it has a confidence level of 95% that one banner performs better of the other.

Usually when you rotate evenly you would notice quite fast which ad performs better. If you want statistical confidence, use ACE.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as my understanding goes here, it should depend upon the conjunction of both i.e. ad rotation and how ACEs have been implemented in terms experimental settings.

If you are running ACEs to measure the statistical significance of which ad perform better (i.e. depending upon what %age of your ad would run as experiment and what as Control) this would come into picture. Hence the key here would be how this combination work better for the advertisers (i.e. ad rotation plus ACEs to measure the impact of ad copies).

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

As everyone has mentioned all the valuable points regarding then ACE & Rotate Ads evenly.

I rather use ACE for A/B testing as it gives me more control and after the experiment it gives me the result of the ACE, which is very useful while making the decision.

Regards,
Rupesh Chhabra

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Rupesh Chhabra ;

A/b testing is now part of Analytics;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404033?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks MosheTLV

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rakesh Kumar. I Don't Understand exactly Yet. I used rotate evenly in A/B Testing. Because The Banner Types are THREE !! Omg.. It`s the Problem of ACE. It just Compare 2 Different Groups in equal dimension.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV. But I Can't understand the meaning of "statistically significant". Is it Estimated that the Result of ACE?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
If you have no background in statistics, consult with a statistician. You must have some background to understand how ACE works.