AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

destination URL

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello guys, 

Just a quick one, is there any difference in setting the destination url at ad level or keyword level? 

Does it affect relevance and QS?

Cheers 

Oscar

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: destination URL

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It can affect relevance and QS if the system decides that the keyword-level destination URL is a better (or worse) "fit" for the keyword and the related searches than the destination URL used at the Ad Group level.

You might want to test and see which gives you better results.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: destination URL

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Oscar,

I think its all about how you want to manage your campaigns.  Setting Destination URL's via ads or keywords will be treated the same, as far as I'm concerned, there is no QS benefits to either one...one is not better than the other.

This is assuming you have a specific URL that you would be setting at either the ad group or keyword level.  If you're talking about very specific and different URLs, there could be differences.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’