AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

deleting adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to delete an adgroup in Adwords, I am not allowed. The error says "This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords". Of course it does not also tell me how to modify it. Not very user friendly!

Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: deleting adgroup

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Are you using adwords express?

If so, you cannot edit any aspects of the account through the adwords interface. The only aspects of the account you can edit (as of the last time I used express) are your budget and ad content. The only way you can edit those is through your local/places account.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375401

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No. It's just Adwords. Not Express.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey rosebug,

Tom is correct here. You get this kind of error message when you try to attempt changes in your Adwords Express campaign from within Google Adwords interface and not regular Adwords campaigns.

In order to make changes which are permissible for Adwords Express campaigns, you need to login into Adwords Express interface using this link : http://adwords.google.com/express

http://support.google.com/adwords/express/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1059045

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hmm.... I wonder:

Do you have another person or company managing your account for you? Is it possible they did not give you administrative access to your own account?

Or, could it be possible that there was a promotional offer you took advantage of to begin with adwords, which may have been, or at least seemed to be, presented as a standard adwords account promo code, but was actually an adwords express promotion?

Help us out here Pankaj, how could one tell for certain whether this was an express campaign or not? Is the tell tale sign in the campaign name itself, or is there some other way to know for certain (regardless of how things may, or may not have come about), whether this is an express campaign or not?

Tom

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey Tom,

As per Adwords Express help center notes, it says that:

"When you create your AdWords Express account, you will find an AdWords Express campaign in your AdWords account titled “AWX_####”. You can’t edit your “AWX_####” campaign in AdWords, but you can review the keywords, bids, and settings."

Hence if the campaign titles something like that, it should be an Adwords Express campaign.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Well, there you have it rosebug.... What is the title of your campaign?

Because adwords express is an automated version of adwords, the campaign name should be a tell-tale sign of whether this is an adwords express campaign or not.

If it is, the answer to your question is easy. Smiley Happy If not, then you're in for a long haul.. Smiley Happy Either way, Pankaj can certainly help you out with whatever problems you might have!

Tom