AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

country list for restrictions on clinical trial ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am seeking a more comprehensive list than this help page:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en&ref_topic=1626336#

to determine exactly which countries allow paid search ads for clinical trials.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: country list for restrictions on clinical trial ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Colleen R;

In general Google prohibits clinical trial ads.

However; At the bottom of the page you have a list of countries with specific restriction / limitation per country;

You need to check the courtiers you are interested in to see if there are any limitations (e.g. in in the UK promoting clinical trials is allowed with limitations). If no specific reference for a country is given - then advertising is NOT allowed,!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response. I was wondering about the gaps in the list - wasn't assure just to assume it isn't allowed. Per this list then there are only 10 countries where online advertising can be done via Google then.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I see why you might be confused. However, the main clause on "clinical trials" cannot be misinterpreted.

" >>Google AdWords prohibits the promotion of clinical trial recruitment and enrollment. Please see the "How does this policy differ from country to country?" section below for variations of this policy"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, I had the same question. The clause at the top can easily be interpreted because even though it is represented as an overarching statement, it clearly says under specific countries " Allowed with limitations Google allows ads promoting clinical trial recruitment, as long as they meet the following requirements"

So the terms seem to contradict each other.

Colleen - Can you let me know if you were able to find an answer to your question?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Blair;
Like any regulatory document, the Policy in writing "top to bottom". The general clauses come first, followed by specific exemptions /  exception clauses. (In this case: per country)